Exercise Lionheart 1984 on youtube

robin craig

There have been a whole series of episodes of about 14 minutes a piece covering the exercise from end to end.

There is so much footage of MVs and kit and uniforms it will make a number of people very happy. There are some interesting anomalies in kit and vehicles fitment etc etc. Makes for good rainy day or sick day watching. An absolute must for anyone trying to portray a 1980s era British MV on exercise.

Im not good at all the technical thingys, so here is the link, perhaps a moderator will tidy it up.

R

I remember Lionheart well. Bad few weeks prancing around Northern Germany hiding in woods during the day and fixing vehicles at night so that they were ready for action again in the morning. I was with an Artillery Regt at the time working on M107 SP guns but ended up helping out Cheiftain units a couple of times as we had worked on them before. Happy days.

Is there anything on the web for 'Exercise Crusader 80 in 1980' (also known as Exercise Spearpoint) for most of NATO including BAOR and TA, of which I was one?

I was in both lionheart and Spearpoint...fantastic exercises...

• 2 weeks later...

I have a map for LIONHEART 84 'Emergency Facilities and Command Information' I was on CRUSADER 80 so it is not relative to me. First come first served (via PM) for a FREE map posted in a unmarked brown envelope to your address.

I have a map for LIONHEART 84 'Emergency Facilities and Command Information' I was on CRUSADER 80 so it is not relative to me. First come first served (via PM) for a FREE map posted in a unmarked brown envelope to your address.
I have had a taker so that is me less one postage stamp........